Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Elegantly Wasted

So back in, um, July 2012, my friend C. Vescio friggin' published a book, and I immediately fell in love with it and once I fell in love with it I decided to do my nails for it!

And then promptly procrastinated!

And now her second book has gone to the editors! ZOMG!

So I decided I REALLY needed to do my nails! So I did my nails while watching the Game of Thrones season 3 premiere.

In hindsight, I probably should've done Game of Thrones nails, because, y'know, Game of Thrones season premiere.

BUT NAILS FOR A FRIEND'S BOOK! YAAAY!

Description from the Amazon page: "“Just because I kill people, doesn't mean I’m a bad person...”

On the eve of her high school graduation, proper socialite Francesca “Frankie” Fairholm rebelled against her elitist and controlling family to pursue the dark lifestyle of a contract killer for the enigmatic Osiris Corporation. Years later, with her training complete, she believes she's doomed to the life of a sociopathic lone gun until a botched hit brings two unlikely allies, her cousins Addison and Katharine.

Using Katharine’s etiquette school, Elegance, Inc., as a front, the trio weave through Frankie’s dark underworld, carrying out contracts, drinking too much wine, and trying not to get each other killed.

Trouble follows the team home when the death of the cruel Fairholm matriarch reveals more than they ever wanted to know about their family. As the funeral preparations play out, the trio begin to realize there is much more to their employer than meets the eye and their family connections run deeper than they ever imagined."

If you're interested in the book, it's very reasonably priced.

ON TO THE NAILS!
E for Elegantly
W for Wasted

Wine and a gun

Gold, wine, gun, silver all on grey


I guess I forgot to mention... I don't have a decent camera anymore. The cellphone I was previously using to take pics has disappeared, and the camera I've used in the past is currently with my mother in Las Vegas.

So now I'm using my phone's potato, and it has some seriously shitty focus and almost no megapixels. It's like a cheap disposable camera.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to take decent pics again.

So PLEASE read my friend's book, and fall in love with it as much as I have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment