Thursday, April 4, 2013

Good News, Good Nails

GOOD NEWS! I found the phone with the good camera! We're back in business, baby!

GREAT NAILS! I was looking through my Pinterest nail art pins for some inspiration. I had decided that I was going to do some stamping (haven't done that in a while!) and came across this pin. It made me think of mermaids, so I went with it!

Unable to locate the BM-209 I needed, I used my Mash-39, which has a clearer print than that of my RA-111, and a smaller print than that of my GA14, (I have FOUR plates with fish scales. FOUR. Almost as many as zebra prints...) but honestly, I'm very pleased with the results!

I couldn't figure out what to do for the accent nail, so I decided to go for something that strikes of sea monster, and I think I did fairly well. I'm not completely satisfied with the result (am I, ever?) but I didn't hate it so much that I redid it several times, so there's a plus.

At about 3 hours, this was one of my longer manis, because I had to wait for the MANY layers to dry. SO WORTH IT!

I'm thinking Scary Monsters and Nice Nymphs for this!




Main nails:
Layer one: NYC's Water Street Blue and L.A. Colors' BCC 590, gradient.
Layer two: Pure Ice Strapless, Pure Ice Look My Way, and Petites Craze.
Layer three: Pure Ice Silver Mercedes, stamped with Mash-39.
Layer four: Pure Ice Oh Baby


Accent nail:
Layer one: Wet'N'Wild Fergie Glowstick 
Layer two: Wet'N'Wild Fastdry SaGreena the Teenage Witch, stamped with Mash-39.
Layer three: Wet'N'Wild Fastdry SaGreena the Teenage Witch, gradient from top.
Layer four: Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty
NYC's Matte Me Crazy for top coat.

I based with my usual Sally Hansen's, and topped my main nails with the Rue 22 topcoat.

I am in absolute LOVE with this mani!!!! What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment