Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Reviews of Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream and Carmex Skin Care Healing Cream

I ran out of my Lemony Flutter (it expired MONTHS ago to boot), and it has suddenly gone outside of my budget. At ~$22 for a pot and shipping, I simply cannot afford it. So I decided to try something new, something I can get at a store, and something cheaper.

So I bought some Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream at Walgreens a week ago, and decided to keep my nails clean and use it daily to get the most accurate review possible.

First, I gotta say this: To me, my nails feel weakest when they're clean and free of polish. I'm always terrified of them breaking and chipping and peeling. That being said, they chipped and peeled the first couple of days, which I was expecting. What I really was not expecting was for it to stop. My nails feel noticeably stronger after using this for several days on my bare nails. My cuticles are softer and I've noticed a decrease in hangnails and peeling skin. (Apparently Lemony Flutter does nothing after it expires?) After one week, I've noticed a severe improvement in my nails.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 4

Today
As you can see, there's significant improvement with the whites of my nails, with reduced redness in my cuticles.

This stuff has saved my hands. I live in the Midwest, so we've been in the -20's for the past couple days. It's been dry as all get-out and on top of that it feels like my hand is freezing solid when I go outside.

The smell is very strongly lemon, and it lasts quite a while. The smell is stronger than Lemony Flutter, and it smells more like lemon, which I thought impossible. I like it though! The texture is slightly grainy, which I found odd, but it disappears when applied to the skin.

I've applied this at least twice daily. At least once during the day and immediately before bed.

I've also been using Carmex Skin Care Healing Cream on my hands, my mom recommended it. It's perfect for dry hands in dry weather. I love the way it smells and the way it feels. It smells kinda like classic Carmex.

Neither product is very oily, and both soak in very quickly. I'm very pleased with both products.

I DO NOT recommend using both at once, however. The Carmex makes the lemon smell rancid, which is a definite downside, but you can use other lotions, I'm sure.

What are your favorite products?

Please subscribe and share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment