Thursday, August 7, 2014

Beetle Watermarble

Hello lovelies! Today I have a look I am extremely excited to show you! I have been wanting to do this look for FOREVER, but it's very difficult to find cheap and good duochrome, particularly in my teeny-tiny town. So when I went on my Kleancolor spree, I got some duochromes.

Turns out, Kleancolor doesn't make very good duochromes. All of them need 2-3 coats to get a decent color, and they don't watermarble. Their metallics, however, are awesome.

The idea for this mani came from this post. I fell in love the moment I saw it. So, I tried to recreate it without the textured base. The duochromes I bought from Kleancolor didn't work, but I was not giving up! Plan B was the metallics, and man did that work!

These pics are taken in direct sunlight:





The next few pics are using a new technique: taking the pics under water. It really worked!






So I'm in total love with the metallics collection from Kleancolor. It's extremely versatile, and plays so nicely for me! Well, except for the green and blue, they don't spread so well, but it's still not bad :)

I used a base color of Black on Black by Sinful Colors, then marbled over top of it.

Got any plans for this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment