Friday, August 15, 2014

(Not Nails Post) Weekend Project: Painting A Rug

So this weekend, instead of painting my nails, I painted a rug! I'm slowly working on putting my living room together, and now that the panels are together, it was time to move on to other things. I've been looking to find a rug that really brings the room together, and I really couldn't find one I liked that was within my price range. So I thought, why not make my own? I found a rug for cheap at Theisen's that was just plain white, got 8 squirt bottles, and bought a few different teal, chartreuse, and grey acrylic paints. The rug is made from a material that doesn't dye, so I thought I'd stain it with acrylic paint. Seems to have worked! So here's what I did :)

About a quarter of an inch of paint, to which I added about an inch of vinegar and then filled the bottle the rest of the way with water.

All of the colors! I squirted these on my rug, straight from the bottles


Ta-da!

My living room is coming along nicely :)
I'm really thrilled with how my living room is coming along. Next projects involve painting some of the wood furniture (not the trunk), replacing the lamps, and fixing that butterfly chandelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment