Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween Character Nails!

I apologize that I haven't posted in a while. I just started this new job and I'm still trying to get used to my schedule. Next week, I'm moving into my new apartment, and a couple weeks after that, I'm hoping to get my own internet. Posts will come more regularly after that.

These are my Halloween Character nails! I really hope you like them, they took me a while to do, and didn't last very long :(

From left to right: Zombie, Alien, Mummy
Vampire and Cthulhu


From left to right: Ghost, Werewolf, Witch, Frankenstein's Monster

I did Slenderman on my right pinkie, but I accidentally messed him up before I could get a picture :(

Closeup of the Witch. I cut down and painted a fake nail to make the cute hat!
Careful... Don't look at him too closely. You'll go insane!
I made the tentacles by coating some yarn in green polish and sticking them on with nail glue.



Closeup of the mummy and the Zombie
For the Mummy, I watermarbled browns and whites and added pearls with black dots.
For the Zombie, I slapped on shades of green and brown and then drew the mouth and stuck on some pearls, to which I added green and black and brown polish.

I really, really loved these nails, but they fell apart REALLY fast. The eyes popped off in the shower (Looked like a bad remake of Hostel in there!) and the Witch's hat came off that night at Walmart, and was lost forever :(

I had a lot of fun making these, though they took a while to make. I watched League of Extraordinary Gentlemen TWICE through these nails lol

So what is your favorite Halloween character? Would you have done someone different?

These nails were relatively cheap. I got the pearls for the eyes at Walmart when they were on clearance for about $.50, and the yarn had been laying around the house for a while.no new polishes were needed for these nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment