Friday, October 5, 2012

Rainbow Sugar Spun Nails FAIL

So while looking for inspiration, I came across all these Sugar Spun manis, and they looked SUPER CUTE!!! So I went and watched a tutorial and decided to try them. Well, as you can see, I failed. Miserably. I just couldn't get my polish to string. So I eventually gave up and just dragged my toothpick across the polish in my nails, creating the effect you see in the pictures. Still super cute, I've been wearing them for a couple of days.

On my accent nail, I used a tiny straw dipped in my colors and just layered them randomly. Again, super cute.

My base color is Pure Ice Black Rage. I used a Color Workshop for the red, Sinful Colors' Cloud Nine for orange, a nameless mini I got at a garage sale for the yellow, Wet'N'Wild's Fergie Glowstick, NYC's In A New York Minute Water Street Blue, and Orly's Charged Up for the purple. I used NYC's Wild Shine topcoat.

I really do love these, even though they aren't what I wanted. Isn't it awesome how that turns out sometimes?
I don't think my camera did the colors justice.

So what do you guys think? If you tried it, how did yours turn out? I'm excited to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment