Friday, October 5, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises Nails

This is an older mani I have saved for when I need to post something but have been too busy to do anything with my nails.

When my boyfriend told me when we were going to see Batman together (he'd already seen it with his brother (WITHOUT ME) the jerkface!) I HAD to do Batman-themed nails. This was when I was kinda first starting out, and not terribly good at freehanding. Even for a beginner, I think I did pretty well! For most of the villains, you can tell who they are. I tried to use the most recognizable characters...

Joker!

Two-Face!
I couldn't stop playing with his eyeball... It was a pearl I found in the Walmart scrapbooking aisle on clearance, $.50 for a pack. TOTALLY worth it!

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy

Batgirl. I was getting tired at this point, and didn't do a great job :(

My pinkie is supposed to be an explosion... 

Riddler

Batman insignia

Batman insignia
I can't remember what I did on my other pinkie, and I don't have a picture of it :(

For a beginner at freehand, I think I did pretty well :) I wish I'd had finer brushes, and more experience, but I still enjoyed wearing these for a few days. I waited until Two-Face's eye fell off to take them all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment