Tuesday, September 4, 2012

All Clean!

Hey guys! Things are really hectic around here, I think I probably should have waited until things settled to be doing all of this >.< Oh well, no time like the present, right?

Right now I'm in the process of moving halfway across the country. Until my nail art kit is brought to me (around the 15th), I won't be able to post anything new (unless I can borrow some stuff from my sisters and nieces...), but I'll post some things like pictures that inspire me or manicures I've done before I started this (I have an entire album on Facebook... Been spamming my friends with manis for months now).

Anyways, I DO have something to show you today! My nails when they're clean!
I know it LOOKS like I'm about to lose the pinkie nail, but I'm not. I promise.
All clean!
The fact that the nails are all the same shape is somewhat new to me. My first finger and thumb (I played violin for 8 years. Piano players will throw a fit because the thumb is the first finger. Whatever. Bite my rosined bow :P) naturally grow in rounded, and the second, third and fourth fingers come in square. It makes absolutely no sense to me, either, but I'm going to try and keep them all uniform. Let's see if that happens, hmm?

After I'm done shaping, I use Sally Hansen's VitaSurge Strength Gel. I brush it on, let it set for a minute, and then rub it in. I let that dry for a few minutes (if you don't rub it in and let it dry, the manicure will peel right off your nail. Trust me on this one.), and then brush on a base coat, which is either Sally Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat or Sally Hansen's Maximum Growth Plus.(Can you tell I'm a fan of Sally Hansen's?)  (The pictures only show the shaping. I hadn't put the base coat or the gel on yet.) I also apply a coat underneath my nail.

And then comes the mani! I stopped last night after applying the base coat. I have a lot of people to say goodbye to, and didn't have time. 

After I'm done applying the topcoat and it's dry, I oil my cuticles. I have a couple different oils I use, one being (again) Sally Hansen's Salon Nail Care Healing Cuticle Oil (it's really old, and no longer for sale), and the other being Beauty Secrets Nail Matrix Cuticle Oil and Instant Polish Dryer (again this one is old and they apparently changed the formula). 

So there you have it, my nail routine. I usually do this at night when the baby is asleep. It's quiet then and I can relax! 

No comments:

Post a Comment